"When I first came to this center, I had no motivation for staying alive. After meeting you, life is getting back to me."
Galawezh, a survivor of the Ba’ath regime
How is my money spent?
Gifts purchased here support survivors of violence and trauma in northern Iraq. Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights believes in fair pay for fair work. Thus our artists are compensated with fair commission on all sales from their works of art including canvas, posters, and other items containing their imagery. 100% of the remaining proceeds go to Jiyan Foundation programs.
How much actual impact will my purchase have?
Any purchase/ donation can go a long way to help many people. Below is a break down of service costs based on donation.
- $10 provides transportation (there and back) to one or more patients to a treatment center. Many patients live in rural areas or IDP camps and do not have access to private or public transportation. In these cases, we provide this transportation as part of their treatment programs. Gifts from $15 to $20 will contribute to this.
- $12 provides one hour of psychotherapy in an individual or group session. Gifts from $35 and more will contribute to this service.
- $50 provides one month of treatment for an individual with a chronic disease (mostly respiratory). Many patients, especially in Halabja after the so-called Anfal campaign, have been subject to gas attacks. We provide respiratory medication and other therapies for these patients. All major gifts can contribute to this service.
- $150 provides one month of comprehensive psychotherapeutic and physical rehabilitative treatment, including weekly sessions in single, group, art and EMDR therapy along with possible medication and transportation. All major gifts can contribute to this service
- $600-900 provides one month of a trauma therapist / mental health specialist's salary at the center. All major gifts can contribute to this service
When will my package arrive?
Most purchases from North America and Europe will be delivered within 5- 9 days. Orders made from outside of North America and Europe usually arrive within 9 days of the order.
See our Shipping Policy for more info.
Can I return an order?
If you are not satisfied with a purchase you may return it by mail to the distribution center from where it shipped. All fulfillments and returns are handled by Printful.
Any claims for misprinted/damaged/defective items must be submitted within 4 weeks after the product is received. For packages lost in transit, all claims must be submitted no more than 4 weeks after the estimated delivery date.
The return address is by default Printful's, and is based on where your package was fulfilled:
- Packages sent out from US and Mexico fulfillment centers are returned to our Charlotte facility. Its address: 11201 Ed Brown Rd, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28273.
- Packages sent out from the Latvian facility are automatically returned to Lidostas parks, Marupes novads, Latvia LV-2167.
- Packages sent out from our Spanish facility are automatically returned to Travessía Prat de la Riba, 91-95, 08849 Sant Climent de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain.
- Packages fulfilled by partner facilities in Australia are returned to: 40 Tanimbla Street, Kedron, Queensland 4031, Australia (apparel orders); 338 Albert St, Brunswick VIC 3056, Australia (non-apparel orders).
- Packages fulfilled by the partner facility in Japan are returned to: 817-3 Komiyaji, Shinwamachi, Amakusa City, Kumamoto Prefecture, 8630101 Japan.
Once the return package reaches Printful's facility, we’ll notify you via email. Based on the reason for the return, they'll decide what the next steps should be. Check out our Shipping Policy for more info.
What if a product arrives damaged due to shipping?
If something arrives damaged, send a photo of the damaged goods to email@example.com, then we'll gladly send a replacement at no cost to you.
See our Shipping Policy